The practical love of neighbor is a key component of the Augustinian way of life. The Augustinians therefore engage in works of Justice and Peace to create a more equitable and peaceful world by serving those in need in our neighborhoods and around the world.
Click below to learn about the various issues we are engaged in and discover ways you can partner with us!
The Social Justice Issues
Where We Are Involved
Latest Posts about Augustinian Justice and Peace
- What does Saint Augustine Teach us about Racism Today?Click below for a presentation and reflection on what Saint Augustine has to teach us about Racism today.
- What does Saint Augustine have to say about Catholic Social Teaching?Click below for a presentation and reflection on what Saint Augustine has to teach us about Catholic Social Teaching today.
- I Was a Stranger and You Welcomed Me: Ministry with Imprisoned Migrant Familiesby Fr. Anthony Pizzo, OSA McHenry County Detention Center is located approximately 60 miles Northwest of Chicago. It is one of several detention centers that detain people who have immigration cases. I am a member of a ministerial team that visits […]
- Augustinians of the Midwest Province Work for Justice and Peace in North America and PeruDiscover how the Augustinians of the Midwest Province are working to eliminate poverty in the U.S. and around the world as we highlight the food pantry at St. Rita parish, the Canadian Augustinian Center for Social Justice, our justice projects in […]
- Prayer for Healing from COVID19Comfort us, O Lord, for we are like your disciples on the storm-tossed seas, unsettled by what lies ahead. We turn to You, our Healer and Guide, to hear our prayer and still our hearts in our time of need: Heal […]